Director, Development - Wind Origination
The Director, Development will support Advanced Power’s quickly growing utility-scale wind generation business. As such, he or she must have a proven track record of successfully originating utility-scale wind generation acquisition opportunities. As a key team member, the candidate must be able to cultivate relationships with asset sellers to buy operating wind assets primarily for the purpose of Advanced Power’s equity investment and eventual repower. As such, activities and responsibilities will include but are not limited to, sourcing of operating asset acquisitions and obtaining internal approvals, creating, and managing project budgets and schedules, negotiating, and executing real estate agreements, overseeing environmental studies, and obtaining all necessary permits and regulatory approvals for financing. Additionally, the candidate will have demonstrated ability to originate acquisition and development opportunities and lead project management and development.
The candidate will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining industry knowledge of market, transmission, and other trends, analyzing acquisition opportunities, responding to public RfPs, and identifying potential bid opportunities for Advanced Power projects. The candidate will be active in local community stakeholders and participate in community engagement and public relations, as needed. The candidate will manage and provide support to the project team in all internal and external matters related to a project.
The candidate will also be responsible for reporting progress to Advanced Power’s Senior Management, as well as, supporting and coordinating with all other departments within Advanced Power including engineering, commercial, finance, legal and administrative to ensure success.
Qualifications: The candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, or higher, and at least 7 years of experience in utility-scale wind generation with demonstrated ability to fulfill the role. Prior development or commercial experience in the United States power markets is strongly preferred. Among other things the candidate must:
- Balance multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Be able to work as part of a team towards a common goal
- Communicate ideas and thoughts effectively both verbally and written
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Exhibit eagerness and willingness to learn
- Be trustworthy
- Have a strong understanding of key business principles
- Consistently perform and deliver on stated goals and objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to manage all members of a team regardless of seniority or department
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Exhibit high ethical standards and practices
Periodic travel throughout the U.S (~25%) is required.